This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Proposal] Moving user mount information to HKLM
- From: Charles Krug <charles at pentek dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:15:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Proposal] Moving user mount information to HKLM
- References: <000b01c265df$b61ef630$4501a8c0@scrapbox>
On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 09:38:21PM -0700, Doru Carastan wrote:
> How about breaking free from using the windoze registry. There is
> absolutely no special need to use it IMO.
I'll second that. Relying on a single monolithic binary file for system
critical information is an extraordinarily bad idea.
A single ill-behaved program can render the system unbootable. AFAIK,
the only thing that MUST be in there is the uninstall information.
Charles Krug, Jr.
1 Park Way
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html