This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tail -f will not work with IIS generated log files
- From: Randall R Schulz <rrschulz at cris dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:34:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: tail -f will not work with IIS generated log files
Get Broots to do it! He's a software wiz, you know.
At 20:38 2002-09-25, you wrote:
Re: "Re: tail -f will not work with IIS generated log files"
Well, the subject says it all. And the reason Robert C. gives (IIS
pre-allocates a lot of buffer-space at the end of it's logs) would also
explain why I get these odd errors:
tail: ex020925.log: file truncated
$ tail -f ex020926.log|grep -i '192.168.1.1'
Binary file (standard input) matches
Bit of bummer because getting "tail" to monitor IIS was the VERY reason I
downloaded and installed www.CyGWin.com . I'm wondering:
1) When might someone fix this? ...
Thanks, -Mike Parker
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html