This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How is Cygwin's version stamp (currently 1.3.12-2) determined?
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:26:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: How is Cygwin's version stamp (currently 1.3.12-2) determined?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Francis Litterio wrote:
The Cygwin DLL is analogous to the Linux kernel: its version number
scheme is independent of the version number of the packages that run
under it. You can upgrade packages independently of the Cygwin DLL, at
least until there's an ABI change.
What are the criteria for changing the Cygwin revision stamp?
Currently there is no one packaging cohesive "releases" under a single
version number like the Linux distributors do. It hasn't seemed necessary.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html