Re: rxvt color/redraw problems?

Hi,

Well, upon reviewing what I wrote, I see it doesn't stand out as a model of clear expression.

Let me make some corrections.

I can confirm redraw funkiness on Windows 2000 Pro SP3.

I'm seeing window frame redraws offset several hundred pixels from the proper location. I routinely make my windows as high as the terminal, ...
That should be "as high as the monitor."

... and the displaced frame was drawn with only a horizontal offset from the proper location.
Furthermore, and probably more to the point, the out-of-place redraw put the window frame's origin (upper-left) corner at the monitor origin. The displaced frame got drawn in pieces--as more update events came in, I suppose.

More rephrasing in the following paragraph:

The body of the window, including new contents were drawn in the correct place. However, when uncovering the RXVT window via ALT-Tab switching, the redraw of the newly re-exposed areas of the window occurred in the offset location (upper-left corner). On the other hand, if I expose RXVT's window by minimizing the window in that covers it, RXVT redraws correctly.

I'm sure if I kept playing around I could find more fascinating symptoms, but I'm losing interest. I didn't try any resizing, for example. Color "ls" output seemed OK, but I use it so rarely I probably wouldn't notice if there was something wrong unless it was gross...or grotesque.

Given the behavior I'm seeing, I probably couldn't use RXVT. I only installed the update to confirm some of the symptoms reported here, since I rarely use RXVT.

This is the invocation of RXVT I use (from a shortcut in my QuickLaunch bar):

D:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -g 110x89+485+-1
-bg #dddddd -fg #000000
-fn "Lucida ConsoleP-11"
-sr -sl 5000 -tn rxvt -vb
-e /bin/bash --login -i

If the maintainer or anyone attempting to debug this symptom would like any specific tests run, just let me know.
Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA