This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Bash local builtin and redirection problems
- From: Ray Pimm <r dot pimm at uq dot net dot au>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:00:14 +1000
- Subject: Bash local builtin and redirection problems
I have successfully installed Cygwin on Windows 2000 SP3. However, when I
attempt to run a bash shell script that works fine under Linux, two
1. The bash "local" builtin does not seem to work. Error message is "local:
2. Both shorthand formats "&>file" and ">&file" for redirecting standard
output and standard error do not work. However, the longhand equivalent
">file 2>&1" does work.
Strangely, both of the above features work from the bash command line (but
not from a shell script).
Cygwin version is 1.3.12-4.
Bash version is 2.05b-5. An earlier version 2.05a-3 also fails.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html