This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't figure out how to pass command arguments via cygstart
- From: Michael Schaap <cygwin at mscha dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Andre Srinivasan <andre at e2open dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:52:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Can't figure out how to pass command arguments via cygstart
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
On 20-9-2002 18:05, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Andre Srinivasan wrote:
AS> Works for me. Add it to the man page and we'll call it a feature.
IP> It already IS a feature. The getopt function will stop processing
IP> switches when it encounters the '--' option.
You know that and I know that (now). I was just suggesting that
adding this to the man page will eliminate these kinds of questions.
Agreed. Below is a minimal patch against cygutils-1.1.2, feel free to
expand on it.
When Chuck comes back from the dead, I'll make sure this gets included.
(I'll probably also add an example or two.)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html