This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: First Attempt at a cygwin Project
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-noreply at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Buntain, Dave" <david dot buntain at cirrus dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:15:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: First Attempt at a cygwin Project
- References: <D9B53AB4691DF44F9CD041AAA4DC6A3B04FD71@clbmsg-001.colorado.cirrus.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 07:49:18AM -0600, Buntain, Dave wrote:
>I've read the promotions on CygWin, but have not been able to find a
>list of the CygWin API calls so that I can determine functional
>capability of the Cygwin library. Can you point me to such a list ?
"nm /usr/lib/libcygwin.a". Strip the __imp___ from the front of the symbols
and you'll see all of the available functions.
>I've read that porting the Unix to Windows requires a minimal amount of
>source code changes. Is there a location on the web that is dedicated
>to the porting process, and discusses the problems encountered ?
Porting to cygwin is similar to porting to any other "UNIX" system.
There are some Windows gotchas with things like case insensitive
filename detection, and a more limited number of characters that
can be used in filenames.
Also, the FAQ is your friend.
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html