This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't figure out how to pass command arguments via cygstart
- From: Michael Schaap <cygwin at mscha dot org>
- To: Andre Srinivasan <andre at e2open dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:32:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: Can't figure out how to pass command arguments via cygstart
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11-9-2002 2:14, Andre Srinivasan wrote:
Yes, that's a bit unfortunate.
I'd like to invoke command foo and pass the -s switch to the command.
When I try
cygstart --hide foo -s
cygstart complains that it does not understand the -s switch. Is
there a way to do this?
I don't think there is a real solution for this - how would popt know
that it shouldn't parse the "-s"?
There is a workaround, though. You can use
cygstart --hide -- foo -s
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html