This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: I can't run my make-file
- From: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: melba selco <melbamelbamelba at hotmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:28:08 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
- Subject: Re: I can't run my make-file
- References: <F206h4VGXTnKPBYT1tO0000a092@hotmail.com>
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:44:57 +0000 melba selco <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> When i write
> make <filename>
Arguments to 'make' are targets, not files. Run `make --help` for a short
help, `info make` for the full details.
> there is an error...
> make: cc: Command not found
> make: *** [universe] Error 127
> What can i do to avoid this error?
Install cc? Use a makefile that uses gcc or g++?
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html