This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what's that 1543 port ?
- From: "Conrad Scott" <Conrad dot Scott at dsl dot pipex dot com>
- To: "Francois de Campagnolle" <frc at myrealbox dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:35:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: what's that 1543 port ?
- References: <00f901c25f3f$1ffabe60$0e9c0f50@exostation>
"Francois de Campagnolle" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The cygwin binaries try for some reason to talk to the 1543 port on
> localhost since I last run setup.
> What's gives ?
Since in your last message on the list you asked about cygserver, my
guess is that you have a windows 9x/ME box and you are running (or have
run) cygserver at some point. If you're no longer running cygserver
(and you'll know if you want to be running it), remember to remove the
/tmp/cygdaemo file that cygserver (currently) leaves behind itself: this
will stop the connections occurring to the localhost port and will also
speed up your system by a considerable amount.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html