RE: Setup 2.249.2.5 Hangs during "Install from Local Directory"

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, John Carlyle- Clarke wrote:

> This problem seems to occur when the setup program tries to access a file for writing for which it does not have permission.

Well, is there a chance you know also the name of the file. And is it
really a single file or a directory ? Please, describe your problem along
with any observations you have made, do not miss anything. We do not have
the ability to read peoples mind, though some people think that we do :))

Btw have you tried a snapshot of setup.exe ?
http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/