This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: make etc....
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: "Simon Whittaker" <simonwhitt at hotpop dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 05:44:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: make etc....
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Monday 16 September 2002 02:35, Simon Whittaker wrote:
>I run the ./configure command and
> all seems to work okay but when i try "make" I get the following error
> (example is proftpd - but is same with others...)
> make: *** No rule to make target `proftpd', needed by `all'. Stop.
Did you check the rules about which directory you should configure and build
in? Most gnu packages require you to make a new directory, in a few cases it
must be immediately below the directory containing the configure script. A
few packages require you to build and configure in the that directory.
If the configure script wants autoconf or automake, you should have installed
those (and their dependencies) prior to running configure.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html