This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
inetd stops allowing connections after console login
- From: Robert White <Robert dot White at morganstanley dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:54:19 +0100
- Subject: inetd stops allowing connections after console login
- Organization: Morgan Stanley
- Reply-to: Robert dot White at morganstanley dot com
Hopefully I haven't missed this in the archives, I have looked in google
I have observed the following behaviour with inetd.
Boot box, inetd starts as a service, everything works perfectly. Connect
multiple times from remote boxes using telnet / rexec etc.
Log in to actual box where inetd is running, still no problems.
Log off from box where inetd is running, log back on as a different
Inetd still running, exsiting remote connections still ok, but inetd is
unable to spawn new connections. I have tested this quite extensively
and it is not a resource limit as I first thought, nor is it a max
number of connections problem.
Has anyone seen behaviour like this before?
BTW this is NT 4 workstation sp 6a.
Thanks in advance.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html