This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Fwd: cygwin-xemacs sometimes hangs in compile with latest cygwin]
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:38:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: cygwin-xemacs sometimes hangs in compile with latest cygwin]
- References: <000301c258ec$93a4ea60$987ba8c0@shalom> <3D7F079B.8040609@Danet.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:06:35AM +0200, Michael Lipp wrote:
>Andy Piper wrote:
>>It used to be the case that using pty's required you to put
>>in your environment. You might want to try that. Or did I suggest
>>that already? Is this on Win98?
>I'm going to try this now. I rember having had this entry in my
>autoexec.bat but it got lost when we upgraded to Windows 2000. I have
>now put CYGWIN=tty in the system environment and, well let's see.
FWIW, setting CYGWIN=tty should not be required for pty applications.
It will just add more overhead for no gain. Setting CYGWIN=tty hasn't
been a requirement for pty applications since, at least, 1998.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html