This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Postgres - more questions
- From: news at garydjones dot mailshell dot com
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:13:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: Postgres - more questions
- References: <02Sep6.email@example.com> <20020906172515.GI1964@tishler.net> <E17nZmd-00083Tfirstname.lastname@example.org> <02Sep7.email@example.com> <20020907194741.GQ1964@tishler.net>
On 07 Sep 2002, Jason Tishler <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 11:21:49AM +0200,
> email@example.com wrote:
>> $ pg_ctl stop
>> pg_ctl: no database directory or environment variable
>> $PGDATA is specified
> Did you export PGDATA?
Agh! Sh8! I thought I had, but just checked and the "export" is
missing, which I guess is kind of important. Sorry.
>> $ pg_ctl stop -D /cygdrive/k/pgsql/data
>> waiting for postmaster to shut
>> .... .... failed pg_ctl: postmaster does not shut down
> Works for me
And me, now. Because I wanted to know what was going on I
removed the export of PGDATA, restarted bash, and tried again.
No probelm, it still shut down fine. I really don't know what
was causing this but for now it has "gone away". I haven't
changed anything else in the meantime, afair, so I've really no
idea what the difference is.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html