This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Suggestion: /etc/hosts
- From: Shankar Unni <shankar at cotagesoft dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:33:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: Suggestion: /etc/hosts
- References: <3D7C6D5F.A9D4CCC5@pajhome.org.uk> <E17oTbC-0001AVfirstname.lastname@example.org>
[...] (some lines with DOS-endings and some with *n*x-endings).
> I doubt Cygwin would have a problem with that, but I don't
> really want to test what Windows would do.
Doesn't seem to faze Windows XP, anyway. I converted the file to unix
line endings and threw in a few ^Ms here and there. Worked fine.
Can't answer for old stacks like Win95 and Win98, but I suspect they
would also be able to handle this..
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html