This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Tab completion of exes - what am I doing wrong?
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Jason Dufair <jase at dufair dot org>
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:08:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Tab completion of exes - what am I doing wrong?
- References: <3D78BD22.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020906152035.GE1964@tishler.net><3D78DBEC.email@example.com>
Please keep your replies on-list.
On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:46:36AM -0500, Jason Dufair wrote:
> Wow. Thanks.
You are welcome.
> Why does that happen?
> Did I cause these files to be 700 somehow,
> or is this by design?
Yes, but by Microsoft's design not Cygwin's.
> Just wondering. Many thanks
My WAG is that your permissions for /bin are something like the
$ ls -ld /bin
drwx------ 3 Administ None 212992 Sep 5 13:07 /bin
Am I correct? If so, then when setup.exe creates a file under /bin,
Windows is causing it to inherit its parent directory's permissions.
BTW, I helped someone on firstname.lastname@example.org with a different
symptom but the same root cause.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html