This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Tab completion of exes - what am I doing wrong?
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:20:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: Tab completion of exes - what am I doing wrong?
- References: <3D78BD22.email@example.com>
On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 09:35:14AM -0500, Jason Dufair wrote:
> I have a fresh install of Cygwin 1.3.12 on Win2K (SP2). I have
> CYGWIN=binmode tty ntsec. Oddly, tab completion seems not to work for
> executables in bash. IOW, if, on a fresh command line, I type
> "gre<tab>", it doesn't complete to "grep", as I'd expect. I do,
> however get filename completion, i.e. "grep foo.tx<tab>" does complete
> to "grep foo.txt"
Try the following:
$ chmod 755 /bin/grep.exe
I presume that your /bin/grep.exe has permissions something like the
$ ls -l /bin/grep.exe
-rwx------ 1 Administ None 85504 Mar 21 00:16 /bin/grep.exe
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html