RE: Trouble running sshd as NT-Service

Hi Corinna,

Your description fit my case perfectly, but following the exact steps you outlined did not cure the problem for me. (More details in a sec).

This is the third system I've installed Cygwin + sshd on, at different dates. This is the first time I hit problems I couldn't resolve in the list, or described at http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.html

This Win2K box is clean of any prior Cygwin installation. /var/log/sshd IS complaining about bad owner or mode on /var/empty/, but your steps did not fix it for me. `ls -l` shows all the files I did chmod on, to be owned as Administrator:None so I guess the chmod failed somehow.

I did a fair amount of searching, but I'm not sure what caused this state or how to fix it.

Thanks for any advice,

Scott Prive