This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.1.3: Problem launching rxvt
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <David dot Rosenberg at ubsw dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:10:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.1.3: Problem launching rxvt
- References: <F638443C671D1049ADA0F79ED9B11999075005@NLDNC004PEX1.ubsgs.ubsgroup.net>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
No problem - but please keep replies on list. That way, they will be in the
archives, and may prove helpful to others later.
> The DISPLAY environment variable was set on my machine to :0.0 - I
> have removed the variable and rebooted the PC
OK. If, for any reason, you find that you need this set, you can invoke rxvt as
'rxvt -d :0' to override the env-var.
> I am trying to launch rxvt from a DOS command window, and now I am
> not getting the error message but the terminal window seem to come up
> and disappear immediately (actually just flickers)
It sounds like the shell program that rxvt is launching is dieing immedietely.
The env-var to look at is SHELL, and the command line override is 'rxvt -e
/bin/bash' (and you probably want to make that 'rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i' to
make sure your startup files are processed.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html