This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Logging in as SYSTEM (was Re: Quick password question...)
On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 11:14:17AM +0200, Bjoern Kahl AG Resy wrote:
> I thought that is impossible ...)
It's not -- use ssh to simulate su.
> (btw.: how do you get a command prompt running as SYSTEM?
0. Set up sshd (see /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-3.4p1-2.README)
1. Change your /etc/passwd SYSTEM entry to something like the following:
2. Create /home/system/.ssh (with the appropriate permissions)
3. Create /home/system/.ssh/authorized_keys2 (with the appropriate
4. Copy your ssh keys to /home/system/.ssh/authorized_keys2
5. ssh system@foobar
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html