This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl md5.sum has incorrect checksum preventing install??
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <tom dot brown at bigfoot dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:40:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: perl md5.sum has incorrect checksum preventing install??
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Brown wrote:
> If I ftp the perl-5.8.0-1.tar.bz2 from one of the
> mirror sites I can do a checksum on this file and get
> the same checksum as in the md5.sum file. But I get a
> different checksum on the perl-5.6.1-2.tar.bz2 which
> is the version I want to install.
> How do I notify whoever made the perl installation
> that the perl-5.6* checksum appears incorrect??
I think that your download of the file is indeed corrupt. My copy of it works,
and has the correct checksum.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html