This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin on FAT16 is very huge !
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:50:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin on FAT16 is very huge !
- References: <3D736514.10F3321D@imag.fr>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:18:12PM +0200, Pierre Habraken wrote:
> Can anyone explain the following strange thing :
> When installing Cygwin (downloaded from ftp.funet.fi on 08/23/2002) on a
> NTFS partition (W2000 box), the full release (all packages installed)
> occupies about 700+ MO.
> When installing it on a FAT16 partition (W98 box), the same full
> release uses 1.8+ GO !
> I need to install the full release in less than 1 GO.
> How can I do that ?
Don't use FAT16. Use FAT32 as file system. FAT16 wastes lots
of space on big drives.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html