This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Son of son of SSH & Cygwin; scp and sftp
- From: "Harig, Mark A." <maharig at idirect dot net>
- To: "Stephen C. Biggs" <yyyyy50 at hotpop dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:49:55 -0400
- Subject: RE: Son of son of SSH & Cygwin; scp and sftp
> > 2. How did you create the /etc/passwd entry for this
> > second user?
My guess is that somehow this entry is incorrect,
probably the 'S-1-5-...' is wrong somehow.
You might try:
1. Save /etc/passwd to /etc/passwd.save
2. Delete the entry for 'test'.
3. mkpasswd -d | grep test >> /etc/passwd
4. Check to see whether the entry for 'test'
is reasonable. Also:
$ diff /etc/passwd /etc/passwd.save
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html