/bin and /usr/bin not installed

Hi,

I install Cygwin on Windows 2000 using the setup.exe 2.249.2.5. All appears
to go smoothly until I try to start a bash shell. Then I discover that the
/bin directory is missing. I install into c:/cygwin. I have checked all the
base packages are selected for install. I've tried re-installing,
uninstalling, installing again in a different directory, switching off the
virus Sophos checker (at least I think I managed to), installing as
Administrator, using different mirror sites and anti-depressants!

I never had this trouble installing Cygwin on any other machine. The
installer even lists files being installed into /bin and /usr/bin as it
runs.

Has anyone seen anything like this problem before? I searched the FAQ,
Google and the Ezlim mailing list search times out.

Regards,

Simon Blandford