Re: Setup.exe fails with a Microsoft Runtime Exception ..

Pavel:

HK> I am using the latest version of setup.exe from cygwin.com -
HK> 2.249.2.4.

HK> I see the following behavior on both an NT 4 machine with the
HK> latest service packs and an XP machine:

HK> 1. Setup.exe downloads all the packages successfully. (Both in the
HK> download only mode and install from internet mode).
HK> 2. After the download, it generates a Microsoft Runtime Exception
HK> when it starts to install the first package.

Is it repeatable ? If, yes - please, provide the all the exception
information.
Yes. It happens everytime when it tries to process the first package.

The text in the exception message window is:

'The instruction at "0x0040676e" referenced memory at "0x74657387". The memory could not be "read".'

The Cygwin Setup window says:

"Uninstalling ...

apache-1.3.24.5

Package :
Total :
Disk :
"

I never understood why it says "uninstalling" when I want it to install.

Regards,
Harsha

Harsha.Kalidindi@MorganStanley.com 212.762.4165