However, when trying to install a Perl module that uses
Date::Manip::TimeZone it complained that the timezone was not set.

When trying to correct this I noticed that the "date" command does not
output the timezone. E.g.,
% date
Fri May 31 15:06:56  2002
%                           ^^ Here it should output EDT or similar

Is this standard behavior in Cygnus or is my installation faulty?
Is there a way to fix this?

Please reply to my directly as I don't subscribe to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Jose Ambros-Ingerson