Re: missing file FOO.dll

> No, there was a strange bug in our original packaging of some libraries
> -- libpng, ncurses, etc. -- which has since been fixed, but some
> packages still depend on the "pre split" packages.  Once those are
> flushed frpm the pipeline, all will be well, except for unofficial
> programs like XEmacs.
>
> --Chuck
Chuck & Friends,

Is there a fundemental reason (now) why the xemacs people refuse to merge
their cygwin packages into the official cygwin tree?  Seems like this
would be a nice package to have, espcially now that cygwin-xfree has been
merged.  Is xemacs one of those packages that could be setup to act like
rxvt, where there is  cygwin-console, mingw, and X11 functionality?  I
recall you mentioning it as an example in your HFS thread awhile back.  If
so I think this package would definitely benifit many in the emacs camp
(unfortunately I am "vi" person myself ;P).  Considering the xemacs ppl
aren't on the same page, maybe it is about time we get them on the same
page.  I'm sure all that is required is a few friendly inquiries from the
cygwin maintainers...  These are just my opinions, and I'm not try to brew
up any trouble, but please feel free to disagree...

Cheers,
Nicholas