From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Michael D. Crawford
Sent: 31 May 2002 03:21
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: gcc 3

That's good to know, some of what I want to use it for is C++.

But how is it for generating correct code?  Does the machine code
correspond
accurately to what the source requested?

I suppose I can test myself, but one of the things I'd like to do with
it is
build processor-optimized glibc's for my Linux systems.  It would be a
drag if
the code was incorrect.

Mike
---
I have been looking at the C++ compiler only - and it is much
better/stricter with respect to ANSI.

gcc 3.1 is certainly the one I would be looking for.

--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/

  Subscribe to the GoingWare Newsletter at
http://www.goingware.com/newsletter/