RE: gcc 3

I understand that gcc 3.0 was pretty buggy, but I've read that 3.1 is much more
reliable.  In your experience, is it as reliable as gcc 2.95.x?

I would like to recompile some things in gcc 3.1, because I understand it has
better processor-specific optimizations than gcc 2.95 did.  But I only want to
do that if it's going to produce correct code.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/