Re: Installing Cygwin from CDROM - Crude Method

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Wget handles FTP and can do the same checks to avoid redundant downloads
> you mention. Does "fget" have any advantages over wget?

The annoying "feature" of wget is that it always creates a directory
hierarchy under the hostname.  fget lets me specify the top-level
directory name to store the retrieved files under.  It can also make an
*exact* mirror, by removing local files that aren't on the remote server.
And it will also do simultaneous/parallel sessions to multiple hosts.
wget seems to have trouble with recurse FTP directories, though I may not
be using the most current version of it.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>