AW: libtar - tar file manipulation API

>Are you offering to package and maintain it?
that wouldn't be a problem, i think. but i don't know, if it's
worth actually - how many people would use that package ?
I thought, putting that into cygwin is good for completeness and
good for cygwin popularity....

Maybe the maintainer (Mark D. Roth <roth@uiuc.edu>) himself is
interested in actively supporting libtar on cygwin?

regards
Roland

the ReadMe says:

Supported Platforms
-------------------

I develop and test libtar on the following platforms:

   AIX 4.3.3
   HP-UX 11.00
   IRIX 6.5
   RedHat Linux 6.2
   Solaris 8

It should also build on the following platforms, but I do not actively
support them:

   AIX 3.2.5
   AIX 4.2.1
   FreeBSD
   HP-UX 10.20
   Linux/libc5
   OpenBSD
   Solaris 2.5
   Solaris 2.6
   Solaris 7

If you successfully build libtar on another platform, please email me a
patch and/or configuration information.

Compatibility Code

libtar depends on some library calls which are not available or not
usable on some platforms.  To accomodate these systems, I've included
a version of these calls in the lib/compat subdirectory.

I've slightly modified these functions for integration into this source
tree, but the functionality has not been modified from the original
source.  Please note that while this code should work for you, I didn't
write it, so please don't send me bug reports on it.