setup.exe does not install gcc by default

Hi all!

I have been using cygwin for years now. I decided to
uninstall my oder version and do a clean install with
the latest and greatest.  I downloaded the setup.exe
(version 2.218.2.9) from cygwin.com yesterday and
wanted to download the files from the internet to
install later (this way I can install on two machines
without eating up too much bandwidth).

Well, I ran setup.exe and downloaded the default.
However, it did not included gcc as the default
install.  Should this be the case?  That is not what I
expected. I then figured out that if I click on the
gcc in one of the views that I can force it to
download gcc.  I then decided to download everything
so I clicked on the ciruclar arrow next to "all" at
the top level I was able to switch i to "install".
However, I thought that the setup.exe had locked up
because it took so long and the window became
non-responsive.

Will these be fixed?

Thanks for hearing me out.

Mike McCollister