RE: 1.3.10: SendMessage(WM_COPYDATA) in a Win32 program fails within Cygwin

At 04:24 AM 5/30/2002, Mitch Davis wrote:
> [...]

No, not really.  I think given the root of the problem is that puTTY is
designed to be a Windows solution for SSH, etc.  Cygwin leverages
UNIX functionality and ways of doing things so there is bound to be a
mismatch in assumptions when you mix applications.  This can be seen in
other areas as well (take the 'tty' setting in the Cygwin environment
variable as an example).  Anyway, I think the native Cygwin OpenSSH facilities
pointed out by others is a better approach for an immediate solution.  I'd
suggest this as well if you're looking for the "quick fix".

Larry Hall               lhall@rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.       http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street    (508) 560-1285 - cell phone
Holliston, MA 01746      (508) 893-9889 - FAX
                         (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office (messages only)