Re: suggestion/rant re: install method

Christopher, et al --

...and then Christopher Faylor said...
%
% On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 11:26:59AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% >
% >...and then Urdaneta, Alfonso E (N-Summitt Technologies) said...
% >%
% >% many of the "mirrors" that I had to chose from only mirrored a subset of the
% >% modules that I needed to download for my full install.
% >
% >I don't feel a need to go back to a monolithic download, but keeping
% >mirrors up to date really is a challenge.
%
% The mirror list is supposed to be up-to-date modulo 12 hours or so.  Can
% you provide an example mirror site that is badly out-of-date?

I didn't know that it was 12 hours (but figured that it had to be
something) and can't provide any examples at the moment (I haven't
reinstalled since finally getting it right), but I'll keep an eye
out for them and take a look at how they compare.  You may recall my
endless agony with cygintl1; I *believe* I downloaded from uiarchive,
but it may be that I trashed everything including the directory and then
simply had that site in my list for an update after having gotten all of
the pieces together later.

%
% cgf
%