Re: Getting a process list from perl

Well I solved my own problem.  When in doupt, upgrade.  Going to the newest
version of rsync has solved my slowness problems so far.  My perl signal
handler that kills all the scripts children is able to gracefully kill an
rsync that is taking too long, returning control back to the script so it
can clean up and finish somewhere outside the signal handler.

I am still curious about getting process listings, since I will have use for
that still.