Re: Building cygwin1.dll

Thanks!

I'm finding some more problems, but haven't had time to really
document them.  I'm leaving the notes which I started taking in
this editor here, in case anyone's interested, but don't flame me
for giving you raw ramblings, and letting you sort it out ...
I'll clean 'em up and submit 'em as a patch when I get a chance.
They're just there if anyone wants to read 'em.

Anyway, I'll let you know if/when I get through it, I've had this
editor open forever.  I'll try to get you enough patch that the
next version can compile 'out of the box'.  <G>

<ramble mode on>
	I noticed that removing that directory exposes another problem,
	the makefile wants to make a target called w32api, but there are
	no rules for such a target.  Of course, make hapilly thought
	it had already made it, in the form of a directory, so didn't
	complain.

	I removed the dependencies from four lines, and am trying again

	Hmmm ... switching the lib directories to use the installed
	mingw32/win32api

	OK, got farther, added a check for the cross-directory
	libkernel32.a dependency ....

	At this point, started dying of 'parse error before symbol
	__gnuc_va_list' in stdio.h.  It does include stdarg.h, but
	perhaps whatever keeps stdio.h from exposing va_list, as the
	comment in the gnuc stdio says, is the culpret.  Anyway, I didn't
	want to dig too deeply, so I played with making .i files  for
	a while, and resorted to commenting out the conditionals at
	line 143, so that __VALIST would be #defined to char*.

	That may come back to haunt me when I try to compile some
	c++, but I'm not sure ... can't recall is varargs fns require
	c linkage or not.

	Well, c linkage aside, it haunted me ... 'new' c++ void*
	casting rules.  Oh, well, let's try void* instead.  <ramble
	mode off>

-- Got freedom?  Vote Libertarian:  http://www.lp.org