This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
On / Off Topic Question
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: "Dockeen" <dockeen at mchsi dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:14:13 +0100
- Subject: On / Off Topic Question
- References: <NCBBLKKJGBJOLDFMCKFPOEGPCAAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tuesday 28 May 02, Dockeen writes:
> Would a question regarding details encountered in building a
> newer version of the gcc suite with and for Cygwin be considered
> on or off topic for this list?
I would consider it on topic, if it really is Cygwin-specific, and is
useful. (As opposed to something like "when will gcc-3.1 be released
for Cygwin?" etc.) Certainly there are Cygwin users who are having to
build gcc-3.1 themselves.
In fact, if it can be summarised concisely, and the Cygwin package is
still a long way off, I could add something to the FAQ about it.
(Even if it's just a link to a particular message or thread in the
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html