Re: windows and cygwin compiled dll ?

At 09:52 AM 5/28/2002, Stefan Hansen wrote:
> > At 07:32 AM 5/28/2002, Stefan Hansen wrote:
> > >Hi there,
> > >
> > >I want to add a, dll which I compiled under cygwin, to my MSVC++ project.
> > >If I am correct I need a lib file of this dll. How can I create this lib
> > >file ?
> >

> > Why not just use the Cygwin .a import library?
>
>Linking whith .a (which i copy to .lib) is no problem. But during the
>execution i got an Access Violation.

Then it's unlikely that creating a .lib instead will help you.  The .lib
will be the same import library as the .a.  As a result, you'll see the
same access violation.  If you really want to understand what's causing
this problem, you'll want to debug it.  I'll point out as well that there
are messages in the email archives that discuss some of the issues and
pitfalls of adding gcc-generated DLLs to MSVC EXEs.  There can be subtle
problems with this.  You may want to review the email archives to see if
any of these previous discussions are pertinent to your case.

BTW, I redirected the discussion back to the list, since this is worthwhile
information for the email archives.