Re: Apache 1.3.22 on cygwin under XP - loosing data

Nice thought...  I did verify that all of the mounts are binmode mounts.

I saved one of the bad images that the browser downloaded and compared it with the original
file on disk.  Here is what I've observed....
	- The two files (good & bad) were identical in size!
	- The bad file did contain some \n and \r but there were not adjacent.

I did a "cmp good_file bad_file" and here is a partial output:
 32769 172   0
 32771 377 341
 32772   0 303
 32773 274   0
 32774 333   0
 32775 234 342
 32776 204 303
 32777  50  22
 32778 262   0
 32779   7   0
 32780 146   0
 32781  41 265

As you can see, it is NOT a cr/nl problem.  It looks like bits are getting dropped.  Another
thing to note, I can purge my cache and reload the page.  The reloaded page is still screwey
but NOT in an identical fashion.  If it was a cr/nl problem, I would expect it to be
reproducable.

-paul mcferrin