Re: Is cygwin Linux.

Nicholas,

The Macintosh (PowerPC, big-endian) supports a very good and
high-performance emulator for i386 (little-endian) to which Windows has
been ported. It's called VirtualPC and supports Windows versions from 95 to XP.

Until the end of last year, the same company produced a Mac-hosted emulator
for the Sony PlayStation.

Regarding the Mikael's question, the only real issue about something
familiar to a Cygwin user on SunOS is whether the GNU tools are readily
available (I assume they are, or at least could be compiled there, probably
out-of-the-box). Many GNU tools have more options than do their
counterparts on other Unix systems.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA