Mount A Drive

On Monday 27 May 02, Robert Mark Bram writes:
> Howdy all!
>
> I am running Cygwin on Win 2K. I am trying to mount my A drive and I have a
> few questions.
>
> First, what is wrong with this command:
>   mount A:\ /a
> I received the usage message in response:
>   mount: not enough arguments
>   Usage: mount [OPTION] [<win32path> <posixpath>]

The backslash '\' is an escape character to the shell.  It prevents
the shell from interpreting the space as a word separator.  So mount
thinks it has one argument rather than two.

It's been a long time since I used mount, but

	mount A:\\ /a

should do what you expected, and possibly

	mount A: /a
and
	mount A:/ /a

will also work.