RE: Problem obtaining m4 binaries

% May I suggest looking at the email archives when you have
% questions about whether other people have had similar problems
% to you with Cygwin?

yes, thanx.

% This list is where all problems are reported and discussed so
% it's real helpful to the overall volume if folks do a little
% research first and avoid a message like this if possible.

Right. It is annoying when new folks rehash all the same questions, a
problem, for instance, no the python list. Sorry - I usually have better
manners.

% In answer to your question,

Thanx, I'm on track I think... I set my $USER and $HOME variables in
/etc/profile, and made sure the directories /home/rcalco exist (they weren't
created during the install). It still says "I have no name!@CALCOLAP" but it
does start me in /home/rcalco anyway. I'll figure it out, or I'll stop
trying since it doesn't inhibit me functionally in any apparent way.

I successfully compiled what I wanted to compile so I feel I achieved my
main objective. Somebody might want to check out wuzzup with m4 binaries not
downloading properly from setup, but I was able to compile it from the
source anyway so it wasn't a show stopper, just a nuissance. :)

Sorry for the hassle.

- Bob.