RE: Setup as recommended reading

Hi,

Before you do bow out, I think people need to realize, as it was stated
before, that you are not trying to reinvent the wheel.  Yes, RPM is great
for many things, but the goal of setup isn't to be rpm.  In fact, IIRC it
was stated that once someone had volunteered to support rpm for Cygwin and
it was proved stable, there might be some discussion as to making
setup.exe based on the rpm api.  There has been some discussion lately
regarding this port and I believe someone has even volunteered to do it.
Be that as it may, it will still be much time before this is implimented,
IF it is implemented.  So let Rob actually perfect what he has before
asking for heaps of new features.  IMHO, setup seems to be working nicely
for the most part, minus a few bugs here and there.  I honestly think
there are more critical issues to focus on then the "fluff" of UI, such as
getting a fast, stable SysV IPC system integrated into cygwin and
releasing an updated binutils with better dynamic library capabilities.
Feel free to disagree....

Cheers,
Nicholas