Re: end of file unexpected (expecting "then")

On Sunday 26 May 2002 02:00, Taher Scherzay wrote:
> Hi,
> Maybe someone can help me with this. I have a project that successfully
> compiles on Solaris 8 using the Forte 6.2 development package. I'm trying
> to build it under Win2K using gcc (2.95) via Cygwin and I get the following
> error message:
>
>     Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then")
>
> How do I resolve this? What does it mean?
>
> -Thanks a lot
You may need to provide more details, as well as identify an appropriate
forum.  To show how far off the little information you give may put us,
errors like this could arise if you have a Fortran source which either
depends on some non-standard extension in Forte (assumed THEN following IF),
or you may have not found the correct options on free vs fixed form source.
The cygwin list frowns on posts which have to do with application source
syntax, as these are likely not to be specific to cygwin.  If it were in fact
a Fortran problem, you would have more sympathy on c.l.f.
--
Tim Prince