Re: wget problem

K.Weinert@gmx.net wrote:

> Hello
> I just installed wget 1.8.1 on my Cygwin-System on Windows 95.
> Now, if I type
>
> wget www.lycos.com

I have no problem with that command on Windows 2000.

> the following message is displayed:
>
> -- 23:00:05-- http://www.lycos.com/
>    (try:1) => `index.html'
> Connecting to www.lycos.com[209.202.192.25]:80... connected.
> Failed writing HTTP request: Not owner.
> Retrying.
>
> Wget retries twenty times and then gives up.
>
> I have no idea what the "Not owner" message could mean. I did not

Neither do I, could you please include the debug output may help
troubleshoot your problem: wget -d http://www.lycos.com/

> find a wgetrc file except for the sample file in the doc directory.
That's a packaging bug, it'll be fixed in the upcoming 1.8.2 release
when that's finished (or if that takes too long in a 1.8.1-2 release).

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn