Problem obtaining m4 binaries

Anybody:

No matter which mirror I attempt to download from, I get a "Download
Incomplete" message whenever I attempt to obtain the m4 binaries. (I need it
for another program I'm trying to compile, which complained that it needed
it when I ran autoconf).

Also (minor issue) my bash shell, installed to XP Home Edition, apparently
can't find my user name. Instead of rcalco@CALCOLAP it says "I have no
name!@CALCOLAP". Anybody else have this problem?

BTW when I'm attempting to download m4, I'm downloading from my Win2K box to
my XP harddrive because sucky XP can't seem to figure out how to talk to my
DSL modem. I have successfully installed Cygwin on all my boxes, including
the XP box, and only appear to be having a problem (as far as I can tell)
with the m4 binaries. I was able to get the source, and will probably
compile it anyway, but I thought somebody would like to know that there
appears to be a problem downloading its binaries.

:)

Bob Calco