Re: You ready for our blind date? Do you even know?!?

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 08:39:25PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>Hallo Christopher,
>
>Am Samstag, 25. Mai 2002 um 20:15 schriebst du:
>
>> I'm all for reporting spam but remember if you report spam to the cygwin
>> mailing list and leave on the URLs at the bottom of each message, SpamCop
>> thinks that they might be part of the spam and sends me a nastygram since
>> http://cygwin.com/faq/ could be a reference to a porn site or something.
>
>Did you got messages from SpamCop?

Not this time, no.  It has happened in the past.

>As you can see here:
>http://spamcop.net/sc?id=z38685245zd4eda2d13248d49a8fb0c421bee78f84z
>I sent two messages to postmaster@exnis.net & postmaster@bob.exnis.net
>and SpamCop usually is parsing just the headers.
>
>Since it is really obvious that this is a list mail after reading the
>headers I hope noone would be such a fool to put the list provider on
>a blacklist.
>
>Also I need to review the parsing after they finished it.
>The abuse messages are only send out if I say "Send now".
>

>> So, if possible, please strip the cygwin trailers from your report.
>
>Nope, sorry, that is technical not possible.  I report what I get, the
>complete message as attachment.

Ok.  If I do see some indication that someone is making my life harder
by reporting cygwin mailing lists as spam sources, they will be
unsubscribed and blocked from the cygwin mailing lists.

I'm all for reporting spam but I don't personally want to be doubly or
triply impacted by the spam.

So there's the new cygwin mailing list policy.  If I'm not bothered
by the likes of SpamCop then there is no problem.  Hopefully that
is the case here.

cgf