Re: Transient corruption problem with fetchmail

Pete,

sending private email.

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:40:46PM -0400, Pete McCann wrote:
> I am experiencing the same kind of transient email corruption problem
> that you described in an email to the Cygwin mailing list on August 7,
> 2001.  Did you ever find the solution to the problem?

Yes, see the following:

Note that on August 14, 2001, I posted the following:

So you were in the neighborhood, but didn't quite find the "needle in
the haystack." :,)

> Any workaround?

Yes, even "more" than a workaround since the above patch has been accepted
into fetchmail CVS:

> I recently started using fetchmail under Windows 2000 and it is vital
> that I be able to read large attachments - if I can't figure this out
> I will probably be forced into using Microsoft Exchange or something
> similarly evil.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Are you using the standard Cygwin fetchmail:

or one built by yourself?

Note that I'm using mutt/ssmtp and fetchmail/procmail to avoid going
over to the Microsoft side myself.

BTW, you may be interested in the standard Cygwin procmail too:

Jason