cannot find gcc

I am new to cygwin.  I have followed the instructions from cygwin site,
and installed cygwin on my machine (win2000).  Installation went well,
everything looked normal.  But when I tried to compile a c++ program, I
got "command not found" error.  I checked the c:/cygwin/bin directory, and
I do not see gcc in it.  Do I need to install GCC separately?  Thanks for
help.